Plants for the Planet ~ Proceeds for the Community
Online Ordering Starts Monday, Aug 15th
Sparrowhawk Native Plants partners with community organizations to provide over 100 species of habitat-friendly and climate-resilient plants to local gardeners. This fall, we’re teaming up with Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association, and the Green Thumb Garden Site, Portland Community College Sylvania's Habitat Restoration Team, Columbia Slough Watershed Council and Friends of Tualatin Hills Nature Park. By our powers combined, over 40,000 native plants will take root and about $20,000 of the proceeds will go back to these inspiring community partners. Order plants starting on Aug 15th for Oct pick-up!
How it Works
1. Order Plants Online between Aug 15 - Sept 12: Browse profiles of more than 100 native plant species from the comfort of your couch. Filter by sun, moisture, and more to find the right plant for the right place in your yard. Some species may sell out, so we recommend getting your order in quickly! At checkout, select your pick-up location, date and time.
2. Pick-up Plants in Oct at a Pop-up Near You: We'll look forward to seeing you at one of the four pick-up locations in October (find details + pick-up addresses on our website). These pop-ups are large, outdoor, parking-lot style events;
- SE Portland on Sept 30/Oct 1 - hosted by and benefiting Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association and the Green Thumb Garden Site
- SW Portland on Oct 7/8- hosted by and benefiting PCC Sylvania’s Habitat Restoration Team and Environmental Center
- NE Portland on Oct 14/15 - hosted by and benefiting Columbia Slough Watershed Council
- Beaverton on Oct 21/22 - hosted by and benefiting Friends of Tualatin Hills Nature Park
3. Plants for the Planet - Proceeds for the Community: Sink your hands in the dirt and feel good! Your new native plants will support birds, bees, and butterflies in your neighborhood, plus proceeds support the community partner hosting each pop-up event.