Opinions expressed in Outside Voice are solely those of our guest bloggers. They are not official positions of The Intertwine Alliance, and do not necessarily represent the views of The Intertwine Alliance staff, board or partners.
Use your Outside Voice!
Several times per month, guest bloggers from across The Intertwine speak up on the issues they care about the most.
From social equity to bike tourism, Outside Voice provides residents of The Intertwine with a friendly forum for conservation conversations. Our guest contributors write candidly on topics of personal passion, often drawing on anecdotes, first-person narration, surveys and science.
We seek guest posts that are aligned with Outside Voice’s overarching objectives -- namely, to:
- kickstart conversations on topics of relevance to the Portland/Vancouver region;
- provide a forum for diverse viewpoints and voices;
- engage our partners with each other and add visibility to their goals and activities;
- offer inspiration, education, and direction for further action; and
- Be a positive force that builds momentum on our issues and unites rather than divides
Want to be seen and heard on The Intertwine?
We recruit many of our contributors, while others approach us through a query to blog editor Tara Wilkinson at email@example.com. Let us know if you’ve got a fresh angle on a topic relevant to life in The Intertwine. And please keep in mind that whenever possible, we prefer our contributors to:
- be Intertwine partners;
- suggest links to timely information/studies/data;
- provide complementary multimedia: video, graphics, photos;
- limit drafts to between 700 to 900 words (subject to editing);
- offer readers a clear takeaway -- an action, insight, or source for more information; and
- use their Outside Voice -- keep it friendly and informal!